Tuesday, June 15, 2004

 

Cuckoo for Cocoa Cox

Random stuff:

Courtney Cox-Arquette and David Arquette have named their newborn daughter Cocoa, instantly tying them for First Place in the "Worst Celebrity Baby Name" contest (the co-holders of the title are Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin, for Apple). Rumors that the baby was delivered by cereal mascot Sonny the Bird have been unconfirmed.


Music legend Ray Charles passed away last week. He had liver disease, so I guess he saw it coming (rimshot, followed by the studio audience groaning).

I don't listen to much new music nowadays, with CD purchases becoming more and more rare for me. So I have to plug my favorite band right now, The Darkness. Since I picked this CD up a few months ago, I've been playing it non-stop. Just good, fun, rock and roll, clearly influenced heavily by one of my all-time favorites, Queen.

Spike TV took 10 minutes out of Monday Night Raw last night to plug the upcoming faux-reality series Joe Schmo 2. Well, their unwelcome, self-gratifying infomercial did what it was intended to do. Unless it was intended to entice me to watch the show. In that case, it failed, because all it did was piss me off.

Comments:
Great post!
I too was pretty pissed at the complete waste of ten minutes that occured on RAW when... Jericho interviewed Eugene (the Joe Schmo promo stunk as well). It is really the first time that I have seen the WWF completely hand their programming over to Spike TV.
The Darkness is a great CD. Sweetie loves when you write about music, so right about it often.
As you're aware (cheap plug time), there are some great rock bands out there right now. Up and comers The Von Bondies play a brand of accessible rock that really makes me feel good down there.
Where?
You know where.
(Sorry, couldn't help it)
Also, Velvet Revolver seem like they are out to prove a point, and man is it working. It is just a great straight ahead rock CD (I'd burn it for you, but it is copy-protected((just kidding anti-piracy people)).
 
I forgot to mention one more thing....Spike TV let Raw run later than usual Monday night because of the Schmo promo, except I was at work and the VCR was scheduled to tape until 11:10. So I not only had to sit through the damn promo, but I missed most of the main event as well!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?