Wednesday, June 23, 2004

 

Shacking Up

So I left off yesterday's post with a serious cliffhanger. Scroll down and read that first if you haven't already. I'll wait.

Ready? Not yet? Jesus, hurry up, I don't have all day.

OK, so it wasn't on the par of a "Who Shot J.R.?" cliffhanger; maybe more of a "Is Murphy Brown pregnant?" cliffhanger.

So I went over to the next Radio Shack, and as soon as I walked in the door a retarded clone of the guy from the first store asked if I needed any help. "No thanks," I quickly said, and 30 seconds later I found the adaptor I needed.

More Radio Shack stupidity: When I went there the other day, I couldn't get the guy to ring up my sale. I swear, I bought what I needed up to the counter and he asks me if I needed anything else. "That's it," I said. And then...
He.
Just.
Keeps.
Standing.
There.

And he's not even BEHIND the counter, he's standing NEXT to me! It was a seriously freaky moment. After some awkward silence, he tries to sell me on a Vonage phone system. Apparently, this is some new broadband phone service where you make phone calls through your high speed internet connection instead of through the phone company. I honestly wish I could tell you more about this exciting new technological breakthrough, but the guy really didn't know ANYTHING about it. That's right, this complete ASS-CLOWN was trying to sell me something that he knew absolutely NOTHING about!

Somebody out there please tell me I'm not the only one who has experienced this kind of ineptitude at the Shack.

Comments:
I feel your pain, bro. You did the right thing by bypassing the help of any of those jokers and finding the adapter yourself. I hate to admit it, but I've spent more time than I'd care to admit searching every shelf in RS for either an adapter or cable that I have needed to get something working instead of just asking for help.
It boggles the mind really. As someone with only an entry-level understanding of electronics, I still sometimes rely on the assistance of others, and I am always amazed at the level of stupidity that I have encountered when I visit RS.

I feel your pain.
 
I hate Radio Shack, but I am confused. Is Murphy Brown pregnant?
 
Not anymore. But her painter died of a drug overdose, confusing things even more.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?