Friday, August 25, 2006

 

Emmy Non-Predictions, Part Deux

I don't have as much to say about the drama categories as I did about the comedy categories, simply because I don't watch that many dramas. It is both a shock and a shame, however, that the best show on television this past year was almost completely ignored by the folks who pick the nominees.

"Lost" actually won the award for Best Drama at last year's ceremony, but isn't even in the running this year. Umm...say what? "Lost" was even better this year and had me literally on the edge of my seat each and every week; it is a complex, compelling, and positively riveting series with both popular and critical acclaim and deserved recognition. It does have a very large cast, so it would be difficult to single any out for acting awards, but Terry O'Quinn (John Locke), Josh Holloway (Sawyer), Naveen Andrews (Sayid), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr. Eko) are all standouts in a very talented ensemble.

As far as the actual nominees, "24" had an absolutely stellar season this year; in my opinion, it was the best ever and I'm pulling for it to win in every category. In particular, Gregory Itzin and Jean Smart as President Logan and the First Lady were fantastic and should win Best Supporting Actor and Actress.

Comments:
Looks like "24" had a good night. I never really got into the show. Maybe I'll give it another shot this season.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?