Sunday, September 17, 2006

 

Moving In

I haven't updated in a couple of weeks, but a lot has been going on. In addition to recently going back to college after a 15-year (!) absence, I also have moved into a new apartment AND taken custody of my daughter from my ex-wife. So, yeah, I've had a pretty full plate. But now all my boxes are unpacked and I'm starting to get into a daily routine, so I should be back to updating more frequently.

In keeping with the theme of my last few posts, and in honor of the impending new fall TV season that is kicking off as we speak, I will give you my thoughts on what I'm looking forward to on TV this year.

I'm definitely going to be checking out "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip," Aaron Sorkin's latest brainchild. It looks incredibly promising, although I hope it doesn't grow to be as tiresome as Sorkin's last NBC show, "The West Wing," which I loved initially and grew to become severely disinterested in after 2 seasons. NBC's other show about the inner workings of a sketch comedy show is also at the top of my list. "30 Rock" with Tina Fey, Alec Baldwin, Tracy Morgan, and Rachel Dratch, is a can't-miss proposition in my book. I'm also intrigued by "Heroes," although I'm not entirely sold yet. I honestly haven't decided yet whether or not to watch, mostly because it's occupying the same time slot that "24" will be on when it returns in January. If I get hooked, I'm screwed when "24" comes back. My DVR can only record two things at once (Monday Night Raw also occupies this spot, folks).

As for returning shows, two have already started. "The Simpsons" kicked off its 18th season last week with an amazingly strong episode. It certainly didn't hurt that I noticed these words in the opening credits: "Written by Bob Odenkirk." Great way to start off the season. The all-new racially-charged "Survivor" also started this past week. Despite all the media attention the show has received in recent weeks, it still looked like the same old "Survivor" to me. I'm also looking forward to the impending season premieres of "The Amazing Race," "How I Met Your Mother," "My Name is Earl," and "The Office." Of course, the one I am waiting for most anxiously, "Lost," is premiering the latest, on October 4.

That's all for today, kids. Tune in next time for some exciting news in the world of KISS!

Comments:
Welcome back, Strutter. I have no cable and watch almost all dvds except for the NFL and a few Public Televison shows that my daughter watches in the morning.
 
Strutter - I think we have totally different taste in TV, as I am watching The Unit, Criminal Minds and Numb3rs.

Good luck with custody of your daughter, I can't imagine how challenging that would be.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?